This is a blog about John, his dog Toby and his furry duck Ducky. Ok seriously, just another RMIT Television blog. Nothing to see here. Moving on now.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lecture Two post-mortem

Christine R mentioned this today:
- Documentary is an intimate conversation
- Best documentaries tells you "This is the way I see the fucking world."
- To tell something original & unique

Well this is becoming easier than I had envisioned! Just do a documentary on myself! Seriously, I'm so bloody interesting. Here's why:

a) Mature-aged student with several years work experience. You 20yo kids wana know what the real world is like, flock to Big Brother here. There's a lot from where that came from.
b) Asian editor of a white people university magazine. Herro!? There's something not quite right there! Asians don't speak English!
c) Tactless - I say things that other people are too afraid to say. What're you gona do? Swallow your pride and take it to your grave?
d) I am extremely popular in campus. It's not who you know, but how much cock you've to suck. Okay don't quote me on that.
e) I collect action figures, quote Buffy lines, listen to dance music and shave my pubes.
f) I'm not gay.
g) If I were to be stranded on an island for a year and I was allowed to bring one essential along with me, it'd be moisturizer. Can't live with chapped skin.

With all these reasons above, I can think of so many permutations. Enough material for a three-season arc.

No comments: