This is a blog about John, his dog Toby and his furry duck Ducky. Ok seriously, just another RMIT Television blog. Nothing to see here. Moving on now.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Rough Thoughts on Rough Cut

'Sam' - Lionel, Jen, Brendon and Matt

- Remarkably clear and crisp visuals
- Liked the stabbing shot via reflection
- The relationship wasn't clear for about 3 seconds as the chick went on and on about this faceless picture
- Seriously, who sits on a chair when he's stabbed? <--- Okay, I'm not meant to do this, but lol
- THAT dolly shot (wow)
- Continuity with the blood on the mouth, I noticed it immediately
- Liked the way the focus was on the bloodied face, and everything behind was out of focus

'Pharmacy' - Susan, Gabrielle, Tim, Brett and Mr Harbour, eh, Marcus

- I c-o-u-l-d n-o-t s-t-o-p laughing. Hilarious
- It's just me and my chip on my shoulder, but I found the ninja reference rather racist, as it looked like it was directed at Ying Ma
- Gentleman who came (lol) is a crackup
- Who would go out with that chick anyway? She's quite hideous <--- again, not meant to do this
- While many struggled with the red heads and box reference, I got it immediately. I do think it has to be changed to something more tv/film generic so Random Joe can understand it
- I wasn't aware that the 'pharmacist' and Ying Ma were in fact looking at their script. I was wondering what they were looking at.
- Which justifies why the 'Gentleman who came' got so upset, as they were reading the folder but failed to find anything

'Hounded' - by my crew. Woohoo!

- I really like the music done by Lily's friend. Had a build up and mirrored the anticipated 'build up' of the date
- Something has to go between the build up track and the second track. Silence is too jarring
- Charlotte's music was great, but I felt it wouldnt go with the footage as people will be hard-pressed to focus on both lyrics and visuals
- It'll go really well in the credits
- I suggested this to Alice, that one of Charlotte's tracks go in right off the bat in the front. We might have to put in something cheesy like 'Miramax Pictures Presents' and some extra scenes, to justify the extra track as cutting it off too soon will spoil it

No comments: