This is a blog about John, his dog Toby and his furry duck Ducky. Ok seriously, just another RMIT Television blog. Nothing to see here. Moving on now.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Lenny, and then some

We've ran into a lot of problems with our Lenny shooting. Paul did say he'd like as many problems and stuff-ups as possible in the shooting, so as to minimise real problems when the team starts filming our chosen script, 'Bloodhounded 2' by Jonathan Lim. (Hey dude, you've got to hook me up with those Danish girls man. Seeeeriously.)

But seriously, how can we contend with the Powers That Be that is Nature? Filming at 3.30pm in autumn doesn't give us much time for sunlight.

Now factor that with two batteries that are supposedly fully charged but fail within 10 seconds of plugging in.

Coupled with an inability to find actors for Lenny and Mr Sargeant. It's a simple script and a simple enough plot. Surely we don't need to offer them a free lunch? Won't take an hour!

Pre-production and the learning process was far more complex than i would have envisaged. Seriously, why can't we just cut to 'Action!'? So many stupid things to say, so many cues. By the time we get around to it, half the day is lost and the day is darker.

With Catalyst commitments now over, I can genuinely devote my time to the team's cause. I'm not someone who likes following and taking orders; in fact in two years of university education I've always taken charge. In the last few weeks I've left the team decision-making and directions mostly to Sam and Alice. Firstly 'coz I have no fucking clue what's going on - though I'm not missing any lectures or tutorials - and secondly I knew I needed time to read up the dossier as it contains so much information that's crucial for TV1.

Charlotte has been doing her homework in Thailand, and has sent us her love and thoughts on what we could do this week. That's great, at least ONE OF US is having fun!! :O

No comments: