This is a blog about John, his dog Toby and his furry duck Ducky. Ok seriously, just another RMIT Television blog. Nothing to see here. Moving on now.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Television Two & Television Journalism

Almost by coincidence, the only two subjects I have to exert my concentration on happens to be television-related. Which also means, camera-related. That also represents a large part of my uni hours interacting with Paul, who teaches and tutors both subjects. Hi Paul :O

One of the great strengths of a Prof Comm student is his/her cross-subject skills. By the time we reach third year, we'd have spent two years touching on cameras. In my case, I find my familiarity with Final Cut Pro, audio and camera work a boon as my team mate in Television Journalism has no background in it. While she directs, writes the news story and more often than not, learns how to shoot, I work on the camera troubleshooting, editing and sound/vision work. It's perfect. It might be more stressful if we were both Journalism students.

And, after spending two weeks in the Journalism editing suites working on our first news story, I move on to Television Two. The girls Bree and Alex have completely forgotten about the finer details of Final Cut Pro, so it kinda works out well.

I'll be spending the entire semester practicing my FCP skills, and having lots of usage with my camera as well. Which was the exact reasons why I joined TV in the first place.

Stranger things have happened. But I guess sometimes things do work out.

No comments: