This is a blog about John, his dog Toby and his furry duck Ducky. Ok seriously, just another RMIT Television blog. Nothing to see here. Moving on now.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Concept - Hurdle

Been trying desperately to catch up with my readings and homework. When the previous editors of Catalyst told me it's a full-time job trying to juggle full-time studies and Catalyst - which is in essence a full-time job in itself - they weren't kidding.

Week Three came and gone and much to my dismay i haven't been physically able to write out my story idea for Diane. It appears that she's leaving RMIT, which is no good as that means she wouldn't be able to give me some form of feedback. But i've sent the email to Paul as well. I'm hoping to get some feedback from him first thing next Monday.

But here's my concept, around the theme 'movie-going':

I've always baulked at the idea of movie-going. Paying $11-13 for a 120 minute movie just doesn't sit quite right with me.

My story is a comedy. The protagonist refuses to pay the monies for a movie he/she's been really keen on. Oddly enough the money he/she saved came back to bite him/her.

At the moment i've not quite worked out how the story looks. But i'll get it out before this weekend draws to a close.

No comments: